Monday, May 15, 2006

New Macro Photos

Pictures hot off the press! To the right is a small nymph katydid waiting for prey a top a beautiful violet flower bud. Below is a wandering lonely ant I was fortunate to just catch a glimpse of as he checked out my camera lens. Both of these insects are about the same in size at a couple of millimeters!
These were just a couple of favorites of the many I have shot in the past few weeks of spring.
Look for more postings coming soon along with the current paintings in progress......Phyllis the Golden tortoise beetle and Vincent the question mark butterfly.
All Photos posted on the Project InSECT Blog are copyrighted images of Jessa Huebing-Reitinger 2006

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I read about your paintings in the Rocky Mountain News (Denver). The day before the story was published I took a picture of a cicada perched on one of my rose buds, I didn't think they ever came out of the trees. Would you be interested in seeing it? My e-mail address is whitwtiger2@msn.com